Oregon Trail Mountain Spring Water
Custom Private Label Guidelines
To better serve you and have your label created without wasting time and money, here
are some guidelines for providing us with any art work or layout ideas that you may have.
The outside edges are used for our required information.
We are required to have 100% Spring Water and the ounces on the center front of the label.
In some states a barcode is also required.
Basically the complete label may be used for your information, but please keep in mind
that you are designing on a FLAT surface.When WRAPPED around your
Bottled Water the center 2.5 inches is your main focal point.
Label printing is a completely different process than
printing magazine ads, flyers or any other flat surface printing
We only require a small area (usually along the sides and top) for our information.
We want YOU to have the full advantage of this large label.
You may print these guidelines to assist you with your layout.
If you are designing a TWO SIDED label
Please check these guidelines.
- Files may be transmitted electronically to our
(under 2 MB)
All electronic files should be compressed or zipped before sending.
- Larger files may be sent to our Graphic Design/Art department on CD or 100 MB zip disc.
Send to: Art Department, 51471 Oregon Trail Road, North Powder, Oregon 97867
- We do not support Syquest cartridges, JAZ cartridges or super discs
- At this time we do not support Mac files
ACCEPTED FILE TYPES
- PREFERRED FILE TYPE IS ADOBE ILLUSTRATOR CS3 or less FOR PC
- Adobe Illustrator AI or EPS files are the easiest to work with.
- We will accept Photoshop files (.psd) in PC format for Photos and Images.
- PLEASE NOTE: Labels with an actual photo must be out sourced to our printer.
- We can accept *PCX, *GIF, *JPG(uncompressed), *TIF or EPS (Vector Files preferred).
- We can accept WMF or *BMP files if they are sharp and clear.
NOTE: *The above images will not print on a label.They must be
converted by our art department to a vector file in order to print the label.
- NOTEPAD or WORDPAD work well for TEXT information only.
UNACCEPTED FILE TYPES
- DO NOT USE WORD PROGRAMS (.DOC files) for your images.
- If file type is not listed above, or you have questions about what to send or do,
give our Art Department a call: 541-898-2900 or email:
- Images should be saved at 300 dpi to 600 dpi.
Note: web images are generally not acceptable since they are saved at 72 dpi.
OTHER IMPORTANT NOTES
- All placed images in Adobe Illustrator should be converted to CMYK and placed images MUST accompany art work files.
- If you have composed your label in Adobe Photoshop, be sure to send us the LAYERED file in the event we need to edit the file
- If you want SPECIFIC FONTS used, YOU MUST INCLUDE ALL FONTS WITH YOUR FILES or convert to OUTLINES.
- If you want EXACT COLOR MATCH include the PANTONE(preferred) CMYK, or RGB code.
Remember, this label is a "liquid business card" for your company or organization.
ITEMS TO INCLUDE ON YOUR LABEL:
- Phone number, including your toll-free number if you have one
- Web site address
- Company slogan, mission statement or list of major products or services
KEEP YOUR FOCUS
- Don't try to say too much or put too many tiny pictures on your label.
- Get to the point and include imagery which complements or enhances your company, club or organization and builds a lasting memory of YOU in their mind.
By using these guidelines our ART DEPARTMENT will be able to create your label in a timely manner.
We appreciate your business!